4/14/10

What a Great Guy!

So I have a lot of friends who say how do you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone? Or how do you know it's right? I think everyone has those types of insecurities...especially if you aren't dating the right person. When you are dating the right person...it's just right. Simple as that. It's not one reason I know for sure I want to marry Tom...it's the hundred of little things he does every day.

The other day I was rushing out the door. Tom was right behind me and was helping me pour my coffee in my travel mug, find my keys...sometimes I'm a mess in the morning. I walk out the door finally, get in the car and drive away...about 10 minutes later than I wanted to be out of the house. I got down the road and go to reach for my coffee and notice...I forgot the coffee that Tom had poured, put the lid on and placed right on the counter in my direct pathway out the door. I was so disapointed, not only because I'm a coffee addict, but Tom had done so much to help me get ready faster and I still messed it up. So I called Tom and told him I was an idiot, forgot my coffee, wah wah pity party for me. haha Ok it wasn't that bad but still. But another day, another dollar so I got to work, ran about my errands and was heading out of the office to take my morning drive to our storage unit down the street when I see a guy in uniform practically sprinting across the parking lot...holding a coffee mug in his hand. Tom had left the house by the time I called him, but when I called, he had turned around, got the coffee, and drove the whole way to my office (which is not on the way to his work at all) just to bring me my coffee because he didn't want me to have a bad day :)

I'm not sure if there is a more perfect definition for "guy of my dreams" than that. He does 1000 little things everyday that make me smile, laugh, get butterflies and just jump for joy. So today..I just wanted to say thank you to that wonderful guy, that I'm so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with :)

No comments: